Monday, May 21, 2012

Words are all I have, to take your heart away - Bee Gees



Bee Gee legend Robin dies



Robin Hugh Gibb (22 December 1949 – 20 May 2012) was a British singer and songwriter. He is best known as a member of the Bee Gees, co-founded with his twin brother Maurice and older brother Barry. He had another younger brother, Andy Gibb, who was also a very popular solo singer.


Below is one of my favorite songs.This is a song by the Bee Gees, written by Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb. Barry said in 1996 on the VH1 Storytellers television show that it was written for their manager Robert Stigwood.




Smile an everlasting smile, 
a smile can bring you near to me. 
Don't ever let me find you down, 
cause that would bring a tear to me. 


This world has lost its glory, 
let's start a brand new story now, my love. 
Right now, there'll be no other time 
and I can show you how, my love. 



Talk in everlasting words, 
and dedicate them all to me. 
And I will give you all my life, 
I'm here if you should call to me. 



You think that I don't even mean 
a single word I say. 
It's only words, 
and words are all I have, to take your heart away. 



No comments:

Post a Comment